- Ph.D., The Graduate Center, City University of New York, 2018
- M.A., Tufts University, 2009
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2006
Joy Partridge received her Ph.D. in Art History at The Graduate Center, CUNY. Her dissertation is titled "Visualizing Knowledge in the Illuminated Manuscripts of the Breviari d'amor."
- Late-medieval art and its intersections with the history of science and technology
- Diagrams, especially those pertaining to cosmology and natural philosophy
- Manuscript illumination and the art of the book
- Abstraction in medieval and modern/contemporary art and visual culture